When I was a teenager, I had perfect skin. Not a blemish to be had. It infuriated my friends. Well not anymore friends. This low maintenance girl actually had to buy some kind of facial cleanser, something with salylic acid in it? I feel like a teenager again. Adult onset acne. It's not bad...just bad for me. Could it be stress related? Probably. What isn't? Maybe it's because I feel like it's my senior year all over again. You heard me right. I feel like a senior because I started filling out a college application today.
The future isn't going away. So I might as well embrace it and let go of my fear. (How am I going to pay for this? Can Evan handle preschool every morning? Will my family be supportive? Can I remember how to do Chemistry?) After deliberating for almost a year, I have finally bit the bullet. Did you know that I was PreMed when I went to college? Kinda irks me when people ask if Kevin was smart (referring to my gifted kids) and I always am a little taken aback. "Me is smart too!" (said in a white trash accent) Yes it's true...I'm totally a nerd. Was in the TAG program, Honor Roll, etc. I was even teachers pet a time or two. It used to really tick off my roommates in college that I didn't have to cram for tests and still get an A.... Sorry for the tangent.
It's been quite the hairy little process to get me back to where I started and do what is in my blood. This girl is going back into Psychology. Going to finish my Bachelors. With that, I can't nail down what I want to do, but either I become a Naturopathic Doctor or a Doctorate in Psychology. Both are feasible and possible. Either way, someday, I will be a Doctor of something. Here's to the long road ahead. Here's to listening to Spirit even if it's really scary. (Note to self: don't question the Spirit. He will haunt you until you get it done...)
3 comments:
Wow! Good luck--I think the spirit would have to nudge pretty hard to get me to go back to school. My accounting degree would be way more beneficial with a master's.
That's so exciting. You can do it! I know our lives have been totally turned upside down since my hubby went back to school but our lives are also totally awesome and I wouldn't change a thing! It's hard but worth it. Education is so valuable. How many times have our church leaders emphasized the importance of getting an education--to women? The Spirit only prompts us to do things he knows we can do. I'm completely relying on him in the months ahead to guide us to where we need to be. I wish I was smart and could accomplish something like what you're doing! Chemistry is waaaayyy over my head--especially all that Organic Chemistry stuff. Not fun, but my husband thrives off of it. Thank goodness he has some brains or we'd really be in trouble!
(By the way, we finally heard from OHSU--Ryan turned in his secondary application there today. We'll see if they want an interview!)Oh, and I feel your pain with the acne thing. It's been a struggle for me since I was 11 and to this day I use Proactiv Solution. I don't think I'll ever stop breaking out!
Of course you are smart. I've always known that. And you're a go-getter too. You never seem afraid of anything. You just have an "I'll figure it out and get through it" mentality. You have always had a confidence that amazes me, acne or not. YOU ARE STILL WAY BEYOND GEORGEOUS!!! T
Post a Comment