Monday, May 18, 2009
My New Calling
I will be wearing long jean skirts, khaki skirts and slip on shoes to church for the next year. No rayon, silk, pantyhose, heels, or fancy jewelry will be worn. Can you guess what my new calling is? Your right! Patrick and I will be team teaching 10 little Nursery goers. This will be my 3rd attempt at this calling. Putting in a brand new family in the nursery is not a smart thing to do in my ever so humble opinion, so I am assuming that the Bishop had some divine direction on this one. Nursery is one of my favorite callings. It really is. Especially when your Nursery Coordinator is like the Nursery Nazi! She has all the snacks prepared, handouts, lessons planned. I guess God understood my stress load was a little overloaded right now. Patrick will get his fill of babies (he wants more...) and I will get to play with toys, crayons and hang out on the floor with no shoes on at church...what could be better than that?! (I think it's time to break out the laminator and cutesy primary helper books!)
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
6 comments:
Good luck! The little kids will love you!
I can only imagine Patrick's excitment of being back in Primary. At least you will be by his side to show him the ropes. Good luck! "That which does not kill us makes us stronger."
What an exciting calling. I too was called into Nursery when I went into a new ward and felt the same way as you did, but you are going to be there for a purpose. What fun!
You'll be so good in there, I can just tell! That is one calling I haven't had and don't know if I'd enjoy, but you have a great attitude and I'm sure the kids will love you. Have fun!
Make sure you go to Enrichment or you'll never get to know anyone. Other than that...I love your great attitude. I think it would be easier to be in the nursery when you don't have a nursery to go home to and hang out with the other 6 days of the week.
"For the next year" -- did you get that in writing?
Post a Comment