Wednesday, May 6, 2009

The Dawn


Ok, so you all know that I am not a morning person despite the fact that my middle name is Dawn. But I have been itching to work out again despite the chronic tiredness that is plaguing me. 6:00am came early on Tuesday. The sun was shining. The birds were singing and the kids didn't need to be up for at least 30 minutes. Attempting a walk/jog on roads that you have never traversed can be a little tricky. Gravel isn't a great medium for a jog. And the fact that I have lost enough weight that all my pants are too dang loose...note to self, you can't run if your pants keep slipping off! Good thing I am in the middle of no where. Well at least that is what I thought. Around 6:30, I swear it was like a freeway by my house. Evidently all the richy riches that go into town for work leave at 6:30. They were all curteous but too fast. Uphill and downhill, it was a gruelling course but I made it. 50 minutes is quite a morning jaunt to start out with, but I have to get back into the swing of things while I wait for the 36+ pills I have to take everyday to kick in. Honestly it's been so rewarding to hear everyone that knew me two years ago to notice my weight loss. It's pushing me to not care about the fatigue or the soreness.
These Filbert/Hazelnut orchards are everywhere up here on Chehalem Mountain.
About 1/3 of the way on this path I was taking, it started to rain. It is Oregon right? The rainbows were amazing. My Iphone doesn't do them justice at all! So next time, I will look at the WHOLE sky before I step foot outside and not wear a sweatshirt that holds 50 times it's weight in water!

2 comments:

Janessa Couch said...

Gorgeous pictures. So glad to hear that you love your ward and that the kids have friends already. It makes the move easier when they have friends. :)

Amy Updike said...

What a GORGEOUS area! Makes me want to come run with you!