Sunday, January 25, 2009

Utah

Utah is a great place to visit. Not only did we see all of Patrick's family, but some great friends too. The Dinosaur Museum, The Discovery Gateway, Cafe Rio, Draper Temple Open House, Watching the Inauguration, eating dinner with some of my closest friends, were well worth the trip. We came. We saw. We almost rolled the SUV driving home. I say We but it was more of the royal We. It was actually me. Patrick drove for an hour (I am usually the designated driver because I can stay awake). The air was thick with smog. We had such a great time with all of our friends, some of whom let us sleep at our house with all of our kids. Gratefully, they are well behaved for the most part. Yes, I was whining in my last post, but I see things clearly now. I am in for a great blessing soon. One thing is for sure, I definitely appreciate clean air, bathtubs, heat, friends, The Spirit guiding me, and all that I have now. My house is not important. My friends are. The things I miss about Utah are not things, but People.

3 comments:

http://elderwolfedr.blogspot.com said...

Glad you made it back and at church!!! Way to go! You over achiever you!

K kid said...

Every time I go to Utah I have to make a trip (or two or three) to Cafe Rio. We also always go to Tucanos (the Brazilian grill) in SLC or Provo. Yum!

Karen Porter

Erika said...

Mmmmmmm Cafe Rio!!!! My very favorite place to eat. I get the Barbecoa Pork Salad everytime, minus the rice and chips.