Wednesday, January 7, 2009

Politics


I am reading a very interesting series of books right now. The Great and Terrible, by Chris Stewart, is about the end of days. It consists of 6 volumes of Tom Clancy style writing. It's very intriguing and spiritual too. When I went on CNN today and saw this picture, I couldn't help but reflect that no matter if you don't like some of these men or all of these men, we still live in a great nation. We have rights and protections that no one on earth can claim. Freedom is definitely not free. But seriously, it is only through Christ, our Savior, that we are truly free. So in a few days, some of you will be upset and some you will shout with joy but all of us should remember that we come from the best place on earth...

3 comments:

http://elderwolfedr.blogspot.com said...

Why would you want to President of the United States?????? Why???

Love that picture though!! I'm grateful for their service and for this great nation. We are very blessed to live in this country and if you don't think so, try living in another country for couple of years. You'll come back with tears in your eyes!!

Erika said...

So true! Like Stacey, I am thankful for all the service our past presidents have given--whether I'm crazy about them or not. None of us are perfect, and I really feel that our presidents have done the best that they could. It makes me a little sad to hear people being so critical and hateful towards Pres. Bush. I know we all have our differences of opinion, but really, do people have to be so mean? It will be exciting to have a new pres. and to see what he does with his presidency.

Marah said...

Hey, I'm reading that series, too, and it kind of scares me!