...and I am updating my blog, kind of. Utah is filled with friends and memories and dinosaurs. On it's land, I own a very beautiful home that God said to leave. Lehi and I have a thing or two in common. Unfortunately, I should not have stepped foot in my house today. Laman and Lemuel is more like it! Did I murmur today? You bet I did! (For those of you who have not read the Book of Mormon, Lehi left his riches and homeland to embark on an adventure, much to the disgust of his two oldest boys, Laman and Lemuel). Now I realize that in Oregon I can breathe clean air, gather chicken eggs, teach a gaggle of teenage girls everything I've learned, and let my children ride a bus to school. But I don't own a home. Can't paint the walls or plant bulbs. To this girl who got a degree in interior design, it's pure torture to not "touch" her space. So I am venting...I love Oregon. It's so much better than Utah in my humble opinion. Just wish we didn't have to crawl through the brambles of life to get back here...

This stove, commercial style, convection oven, griddle, gas burners...I miss this stove (the art above, my husbands handywork to hide nail holes).

I miss this bathtub more than anything in that house. I installed a chandiler over the tub just so I could have better lighting to read by...memories...
1 comment:
I feel your pain. I haven't thought about our old house for a long time, until yesterday (I guess I've blocked it out even though it is just down the road!) But for some reason I was daydreaming and our old house popped up. It seems like we didn't even live there, even though we did for 4 years. I was trying to remember what it felt like to walk out the back door onto the (very large stamped & dyed Ü) patio and look out at the beautiful yard we created, and the huge garden and fruit trees beyond that. It was our dream to always have that, and for a moment I missed it. But I wouldn't trade where we are now for anything. This is clearly where we need to be. The Lord has a plan for each of us, I really believe that. Isn't it wonderful to see where life takes you? To not know what's up ahead, but to know that it will be great as long as you keep the faith? Personally, I love your little farmhouse that you're in now, from the pics I've seen. The interior is awesome for a rental, and it looks so homey and charming. And just think of all the fond memories your children will have of living there. It's funny how Lehi and Sariah often come to my mind too, and I'm constantly reminding myself that I can be strong like them. It's hard to let the worldly things go sometimes, like in our situation everyone we know is settled and has a beautiful house and their husband has a great job and they're "set". We're the opposite now, so it's hard to not let that bother me just a tad! We really are happier than ever though and I'm thankful for the small miracles the Lord has granted us.
Post a Comment