Tuesday, January 27, 2009

Off the Charts


Evan is off the charts, growth charts that is. Most of you already know this. The funny thing is that we are applying for health insurance and I received a call a few days ago from the underwriter. She wanted to verify Evan's height and weight. After I assured her that indeed my 2 1/2 year old did actually weigh 41 lbs and was 37 inches tall. She proceeded to inform me that he was not within their guidelines. I'm sure that she could hear my laughter coming from the other end of the phone. "You mean to tell me that you wont insure my kid because he is too fat?" "He has a 22 inch head if that makes any difference. Did you see how small my other kids were? He eats the same stuff. " Well needless to say, I had to check this one out myself. And it is for real, my Baby is 75% for height and at least 120% for weight. When you look at Evan, you don't see an obese kid. He has no rolls of fat and just looks normal, but for a 3 1/2 year old, not a 2 year old. In some sort of odd way, this makes me feel better about my weight because now I am convinced the reason I weigh so much is because I just have large dense bones just like my Little Evan!! By the way, we were approved and will again have health insurance after a 2 year long break in coverage. Now my kids can get sick and my husband can fall off the roof as much as he wants!

3 comments:

Afton said...

When we got life insurance a couple years back, Robert got a call about being too thin. I think the question was, "Is there a medical reason you are so thin?"

There's just no making them happy.

Erika said...

Sounds like my 6 year old. His body type is just different from the rest of my kids (they got my hubby's skinny gene). He inherited my appetite for food, so I have to watch him. But really he eats very reasonably and is not obese, just as solid as a rock! He weighs the same as my 9 year old.

Lyon Pride said...

I'm glad they insured him. He is so cute!