I gave birth to a beautiful little girl 11 years ago. Kevin ate subway and I stared at this little creature with a bow stuck to her head with KY Jelly. She had a perfect little head and was a little overdue. I had waited years to see this little girl that I knew I would have first. She is responsible, kind, funny, smart, and beautiful. She was the hardest baby I had. Anderson was a close second, but Maddy was the Notoriously bad baby. I'm positive that she threw up on all her grandma's. We are not talking spit up here, but exorcist style up chuck! Sleeping was never a priority to her. She didn't sleep through the night until 14 months. When we discovered at 2 1/2 that she had sleep apnea, we immediately had her tonsils and adenoids removed and tubes put in her ears. Ever since then, she has changed. Gone are the sleepless nights and meltdowns, but she still is a little spit fire! She has a strong spirit and she is very literal, just like her mom. She can talk back but rarely to me. She still loves her mother. Never one to give away a hug needlessly, but is a certified flirt with the boys. Always at the top of her class, she bores easily. When she was 4, I had her in two different preschools and dance class. That still wasn't enough for her. This year, she is chilling out. All she has on her plate is piano. Taking a break from dance has been good for her. I think she will be ready to go again in the summer. Madeline Leigh Carter-Laing is my beautiful baby girl and I love and adore her for all that she does. I can't wait to see what the next 9 years will bring to her!
Wednesday, December 31, 2008
New Years Eve...
I gave birth to a beautiful little girl 11 years ago. Kevin ate subway and I stared at this little creature with a bow stuck to her head with KY Jelly. She had a perfect little head and was a little overdue. I had waited years to see this little girl that I knew I would have first. She is responsible, kind, funny, smart, and beautiful. She was the hardest baby I had. Anderson was a close second, but Maddy was the Notoriously bad baby. I'm positive that she threw up on all her grandma's. We are not talking spit up here, but exorcist style up chuck! Sleeping was never a priority to her. She didn't sleep through the night until 14 months. When we discovered at 2 1/2 that she had sleep apnea, we immediately had her tonsils and adenoids removed and tubes put in her ears. Ever since then, she has changed. Gone are the sleepless nights and meltdowns, but she still is a little spit fire! She has a strong spirit and she is very literal, just like her mom. She can talk back but rarely to me. She still loves her mother. Never one to give away a hug needlessly, but is a certified flirt with the boys. Always at the top of her class, she bores easily. When she was 4, I had her in two different preschools and dance class. That still wasn't enough for her. This year, she is chilling out. All she has on her plate is piano. Taking a break from dance has been good for her. I think she will be ready to go again in the summer. Madeline Leigh Carter-Laing is my beautiful baby girl and I love and adore her for all that she does. I can't wait to see what the next 9 years will bring to her!
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment