Thursday, December 11, 2008

The Flirting Gene


Evidently, my daughter is a flirt! No we are not talking about Brighten. We all know that she is going to be a heartbreaker when she gets older. But my oldest, Madeline is quite the flirt. I guess I haven't noticed it lately. She has always had some boy having a "crush" on her at school. It all started with Mario in first grade. He was Italian. She has been hooked ever since. Now she is straightening boys ties in church...and I just have to laugh! When I was her age, I would have been mortified to even talk to a boy, let alone touch his tie! Not that I didn't like guys, I did, but I just wasn't that forward. Yes it's all changed! Admission of my guilt...I am a flirt now. I am married. I can flirt all I want and drive my husband wild. It's glorious that I have that much power over a man! Tricia taught me all that I know and now, I can't stop! So I guess she is just following after her mother. Now, if any of you know of an inexpensive girls school...middle school is coming and I so do not want to go there!!

4 comments:

Afton said...

the only ones I know of are Catholic...and I think they've even integrated those! Robert went to Central Catholic when it was a boy's school and his sister when to St. Mary's when it was all girls. I'd say we start our own school, but we'd have to have at least two so...

Erika said...

I'm with you! We'll be experiencing Jr. High next year and I'm scared, only because I know what kinds of things I was exposed to in Jr. High, and I really don't want that for my kids, but what do you do?

Sue said...

What a darling pix of Maddie. She is destined to be a smart flirt at least. Oh dear, I'm glad I'm only the Grandma:)

Janessa Couch said...

Ha, that is funny because I have noticed that at church and I love that about her. She is not scared to sit by a boy and is no scared to be their friend. You better watch out Mom. :)