Thursday, February 24, 2011
February Funk
I don't really enjoy February as a whole. This one has been especially sucky since I have been sick the WHOLE month. If it wasn't a cold, then it was "night of the living dead" hands from a celiac reaction or tonsillitis, or maybe it was mono. Everyone at my house has been sick. No one escaped unscathed, even our piano teacher got bit. Anyway, it was not my month at all. It's also midterms for me which is ok since I still have 2 A's and a B in Anat and Phys. But I have lost the desire to do my homework. I did "drop" my religion class. 10 credits seems to be my max....well 9 is my max, but enough about the boo hoo. I really need a break from school. I really need a break from life for a while. And then when I look back on all my February's of years past, I realize this is a trend. When I was in Utah, if I didn't go to Vegas or St. George for Spring Break, I would have a nervous breakdown. It's not as pronounced here in good old Portland, but I swear I have Seasonal Affective Disorder. I just crash by February. And March really isn't that different. April, I start to get the spring in my step again and feel back to normal and then there is no stopping me until the beginning of January. I must be a bear right? Does anyone feel like hibernation would be beneficial to them? Everyone always calls me Mama Bear anyway. I'm thinking I could sleep for a long winter. My kids are bouncing through the house at our unusual snow day at the end of the month. I'm not depressed. Just blah. I could sleep all day. I could curl up and drink chai and have a book connected to my hands at all times. I have plenty of craft projects, homework, gardening that could keep me busy, but who cares? I just want to veg...for 2 months. Evidently, I am not the only one! I guess human hibernation is pretty prevalent. Now, I just need someone to talk to for 15 minutes a day and some full spectrum lightbulbs. :) oh....and some chocolate!
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
5 comments:
I know exactly what you mean! I've had the blahs too for a while and am sort of coming out of it. And weather has EVERYTHING to do with it, isn't that crazy? Maybe I should move to Arizona, seriously. There have been nights/mornings where I have told Ryan, "I just want to stay in bed, put the covers over my head, and stay here for a very, very long time!" My 2 little ones have been home sick all week and it was all I could do to get up and get dressed this morning! I just wanted to stay in bed right along with them. So I'm right there with ya sister! Hang in there with school!
Oh, I so agree! I hope spring comes soon in full force!
I definitely think our bodies have natural biorhythms and there has to be an inclination to hunker down in the winter because I feel it too. It's so hard to get moving. In a way (here comes my inner nerd) it's like how molecules speed up when they get hot and slow down when they get cold. I wonder how I ever got up at 5:30 in the summer to go out for a walk when I can barely pull myself out of bed at 7:15 in the winter.
I'm right here with you Emily, Some days I think that if no one bothered me I could sit and stare at the wall all day long! and be okay with that!
I love your blog BTW! Thank you for being so real and so human!
Lisa
Hi Em, Hope March will bring an early spring and blow a soft breeze of health to all in the house. Sue in Xi'an
Post a Comment