Monday, October 4, 2010

Naked

Don't fret...I'm not about to show you pictures of my creamy white self...just my brain.  I lay it before you in all its splendor for anyone to peruse.

A long time ago, I realized that I don't fit in a nice little category.  My inner sanctum is like a picture of what my thoughts might consist of at any given moment.  It's not perfectly designed, more like sporadic flashes of insanity and creativity all mixed together with vibrant color.  I have pictures of what is most important to me,


books that I read that seep into my soul, quotes that bring me strength, songs playing that inspire me, projects that I am in some stage of finishing, and occasionally a little boy playing Lego's is on the floor beside me.
There is room for others in my brain, but by invitation only.


 I can sit in my rocking chair and console a child or stare out the window to my rose garden.  Of course, I have supplies to scrapbook, knit, crochet, stamp, draw, paint, sew, embroider, write, compose, meditate, design, and read.



Speaking of reading...what is in your personal bookshelf?
From an old missionary journal and a country living survival book to books by Hugh Nibley and a book on how to spice up your night life if you get my drift.  I have a book from the 60's on how to be a good homemaker and a new one that has apron pattern ideas in it.  Of course I have a book on Obama and a Book of Mormon from my mission.  I have a dance composition book and the complete works of Shakespeare.  Is that varied enough for you?  Didn't I tell you that I don't fit into anyone's mold?







Current projects include ribbon and fabric flower pins, lyrics for a song entitled Green, cotton washcloths, 2 sets of draperies, and of course, photography stuff.

One thing I have learned as I have carefully placed every item in this room is that I am my Father's Daughter.  He is the Creator, and I am His Child

And now more than ever, I can honestly say that there is no one quite like me.  I am unique and happy surrounded my chaotic, energetic room.  It might not be a calm, zen oasis, but to me, it is as close to Heaven as I can get....

1 comment:

Erika said...

So fun to see all your "stuff" and how nice it must be to have your own space where you can have peace and create.