Monday, October 18, 2010

Chuggin Down The Track


Our Staycation on the Hood River Train


We sat in the "old" car with the old fashioned "air conditioning".  It's called windows!   Needless to say, most of the other passengers were wimps and stayed in the more modern car with the domed ceiling.  My kids loved having the car to themselves as you can see....
It was relaxing for some of us...

mesmorizing for others....
Just plain fun!
 Contemplative for some...
Informative for the smarty pants

Stories illustrated at every turn...
The thrill was intense...


Life comes at you fast...
The key is to keep your face in the sunshine...and all the shadows fall behind.  (Helen Keller)

3 comments:

Erika said...

OH.MY.WORD! Amazing pictures! That is so awesome! You are so good. I felt like I was right along on that train ride with you. How beautiful. And I LOVE your new blog header--gorgeous! Girl, you got it going on!

Afton said...

Beautiful pictures. We did that train ride once many autumns ago.

Emily said...

Erika, I took the header shot last weekend...and my favorite season...FALL! Thanks for admiring the photos...I'm more of a story teller when it comes to my photography. I truly enjoy it. Afton...we went this summer and it was almost 100 degrees outside. I bet it would be pretty right now with all the fall color.