Sunday, January 3, 2010
A New Beginning
The owl swooped down just feet from my windshield at Midnight on the 1st of January. It was startling to say the least. Owls are very large birds and you almost never see them flying. Was this some kind of weird sign? I was traveling to my new home after completing the cleaning on our house on the mountain. And even though it was late and I had been moving for 4 days, I was filled with energy and euphoria. This strange phenomena caused me to reflect on all the little miracles that happened to get us to today.... I couldn't not begin to list them all. But the owl, I will remember. Also the hawk...in the middle of the snow storm, she came swooping down to the tall firs right behind our house. She stood on that branch, staring into the kitchen for 15 minutes....as if she was saying goodbye. Has this mystical house gotten the better of me? Maybe. We are all God's creations, and I see him in everything that surrounds us. This journey we are on is exhausting at times. I find myself on my knees alot lately, on the verge of tears for answered prayers, and also begging for added strength. This move, I found a whole bunch of old things I wrote after my mission and it brought back alot of great memories for me. But one thing that I wrote that really rung true to me was," a stronger back is always better than a lighter burden..." How true that is. For in that strong back, I can shore up in the storm. I have the strength of a mighty man and my foundation is strong and secure....walls may tumble and the earth may shake, but I will not falter...He has refined me in His fire for a reason...and I see it now so clearly.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
2 comments:
Robert and I saw an owl fly by our car at 3am coming home from the ER when I had a procedure done after a miscarriage. It was such a miserable night and when we saw that owl, we kind of did some reflecting too. It was a poignant moment. I'll never forget that owl. And every time I drive by that spot where I saw it, I think, "this is where I saw the owl." Hmm, maybe they are some kind of portent. Maybe just a sign that we are up too late at night?
The Owl is the bringer of wisdom. The all-seeing owl possesses supernatural qualities and is often associated with intuition, clairvoyance and clairaudience. The Owl’s energy is at its peak in the very heart of darkness. When we are plunged into blindness and disorientation. He penetrates the darkness of the blackest night. Seeing and hearing that which others cannot.
A magical creature of the forest enigmatic and powerful.
If the owl is calling you, or you are aware of the owl being present in your life, dreaming or waking.
You are being called upon to open your eyes, ears and mind to the truth of a situation. To listen to the wisdom deep in your heart and soul. That still small voice is trying to reach you in some way. To assist you or help you in a current challenge you may be facing.
Tap into the power of the Owl by calling on your own intuition, listen to your own wisdom for there is something you need to see or hear. As the owl is so strongly associated with the night time, his wisdom may come to you while you slumber. So take the time to be aware of your dreams or make a special effort to remember and write down any important dreams you have. The Owl is a messenger that can bring clarity and illumination.
Post a Comment