Thursday, September 3, 2009
Why I go to the Zoo...
Yes, I could show you several pictures of animals at the Washington Park Zoo. But I'd be willing to bet that they aren't that show stopping. Most mothers don't go to the Zoo to see the animals. Most mothers go to see their child light up with joy at seeing their favorite cartoon characters in real life.
It wasn't a hippo anymore, but Gloria and it wasn't a Giraffe, but Mellman. The kids were excited to go and I was excited to get out of the house. My Monkeys were driving me bonkers so going to the Monkey house seemed appropriate.
Laying down $50 to walk around for 4 hours wasn't exactly the most budget conscious choice, but as you can tell from the look on my 3 year old's face...it was worth every penny.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
3 comments:
For a few dollars more you could have gotten a pass and gone back free for a year. I did this at the beginning of the summer certain that I would go at least 3 times and we've never been back. Sigh.
Somehow we missed the zoo this summer. There was just too much going on and we didn't take as many "outings" as we usually do. Your little 3-year-old makes me smile. What a little cutie!!
Love the Portland zoo! Didn't make it last time we were there in August, or in June, but we did make it to the Rose Gardens and the Coast! I love Oregon!
:~D
Post a Comment