Ok, it's really the only picture of Christ that I even like. It seems to me that they either make him out to be a football player or he looks too fake. Even in this one, they make his shoulders unusually large, and I just tell myself it's a metaphor for the weight of the world on his shoulders.... I'm hard to please. See, we have no picture of Christ in our house. This one framed, a small one, would set me back $250. But I digress, this post is about my fetish...So after scouring the framed and unframed art, I came the the realization that I think Jesus is HOT! That sounds so incredibly horrible, but why do I? And it all became perfectly clear to me, an Ah Ha moment if you will. I have a thing for facial hair. It's true, I confess, I love men with hair on their face. Did it start with George Michael? Or maybe it's because I don't ever remember having my father with a clean shaven face. Both my brothers sport a goatee. After purchasing this amazing shot of Christ walking along the shore, the small 29.95 one, I started to think about all the men that I found attractive. Every celebrity that, to me, is eye candy looks 10 times better with facial hair.














So why is it so unacceptabe? I don't get it. Jesus had a beard. Depictions of God, show him with a beard. Prophets of old had a beard. Gosh darnit...what is the big deal?! I think it looks amazing! In a devious sort of way, I asked my husband what he thought of men with a beard...or facial hair. His first response was Hitler! His next, the Unibomber! I don't get it...why didn't he say Jesus, or Brad Pitt? Or my dad? What is it about our culture that frowns upon facial hair as some hippie act of defiance and unkempt or unclean. On more than one occasion, I have begged my husband to sport a goatee. He goes for months and looks fabulous only to shave it off because he has some meeting and doesn't want to appear sleazy or like he's hiding something????
So you decide...which picture of these extremely famous men looks more masculine? I know, I have a problem. Is there a class I can take or a 12 step program, because I don't think I can get rid of this problem alone.....:(
3 comments:
I must admit that you are right about the pictures, and I'm not normally a fan of facial hair. There IS something very masculine and sexy about it for the guys you showed. One guy that came to mind that you didn't post is Gerard Butler. I think he looks better with facial hair too. I'm a big fan of his. Ü
Ok, Erika...I looked up Gerard and you are so right! I had no idea he even was in Phantom, because he is clean shaven...and yes...Yummy! doesn't even begin to describe those blue eyes!
I couldn't agree more. If you noticed my family pictures, Jason has a ghoti...per my request. Of course he had to shave it on account of High Council...Darnit! As much as I love the look of facial hair, I do prefer to kiss a clean shaven face.
Post a Comment