Monday, August 24, 2009

Life Lessons in Picture



I'm ready for some big changes in my life. My continuing quest towards who I really am began a few years ago and now I think I am finally getting there. Sometimes we get a little off track, but as long as your alive, it is never to late to make a course correction. These trees in the Heber mountains were just the visual reminder that I needed that I too can be brought back on course. Surely the straight and tall trees are majestic and stately, but I'd rather have some curve to me. Makes me a little different than the next guy and I have great stories to tell...

My life is much simpler and more peaceful than it was two years ago. My life still has stress to be sure, but it's different. I'm not playing anyone else's game but my own and that is making all the difference. So as far as I am concerned, I'm glad I don't live the life I had two years ago. Now I am embracing everything that is me instead of trying my hardest to be like everyone else. So sorry everyone that I tried to be like, but it's not for me. Emily likes to be a little on the edge, to dance, to run with reckless abandon, to cook like crazy, to avoid cleaning at all costs, to connect with people on a deeper level, and to love unconditionally, to suck the marrow out of this life the only way I know how...Look out world!Finally going towards the Son again....stay tuned, this could get pretty interesting.

3 comments:

Erika said...

I love it! Reading your blog is so invigorating! I love your zest for life and I love that you're not afraid to show who you really are. Here in Utah it's so easy to get caught in the trap of trying to be like everyone else. It gets a little old seeing all the "stuff" that people do to compete and keep up with one another. My hubby and I have always tried to stay away from that the best we can. We like to be different from everyone else. I think this is the main reason we want to explore and take a break from Utah. See what the rest of the world has to offer or what we can offer to them. I'm still trying to find out who I really am, what my tastes really are. I feel like I'm constantly evolving but it's a very good thing. I love your pictures by the way--beautiful!

Emily said...

Totally read my mind Erika! How did you do that? I was just reading your blog about how you love your 30's and I couldn't agree with you more.

Afton said...

Man, I loved my 30's too. They were great. I miss them.

I love the picture of the trees and how you saw the symbolism in them. Isn't it great to see reminders of God's love all around us?

When I visited my aunt on Lopez island a couple weeks ago she had an amazing insight about blackberry bushes and why there were always an abundance of out of reach blackberries. She compared it to the abundance of God's love and how there is more than enough or everyone. (Even the birds I guess.)