Sunday, we had friends over to eat the huge amount of leftovers we had. The kids had a great time, and I found a kindred spirit. I see political discussions in my future. Monday, we hung around the house and the kids put on a play. My kids are so creative. I just wish they'd learn how to pick up the aftermath. Tuesday, we ran errands, bought crafts, and spent the day with Aunt Jennifer and the cousins. I made dinner and Jenn and I made Raspberry Freezer Jam. She marveled. I showed her it really wasn't that hard...and it turned out yummy. It was a small price to pay to hold that new little baby for hours. Babies rock when you just didn't give birth to them. I'd be open to having more if the didn't come out of me!! (I did just say that, even though I want to strangle the 5 I have...better wait till I am a grandma...I'm gonna rock as a grandma!)
Wednesday, Park day was rained out. I bought a pattern instead and the kids had a spa day. Nails got painted. Thursday, I think I might have spent the whole day in bed...Momma was sick, and still am. Been praying for a friend whose son ran away. He was found after 3 days. Relief! Friday was a blur...I weeded the garden till it got dark, but besides that, I don't think anything productive got done, well I did clean the bathroom and organize the art closet. Saturday, we cleaned. We grocery shopped. We took the kids to a drive in and saw UP. And today we skipped out on church because Patrick and I are both hacking and don't want a bunch of 18-20 month olds to get sick. Hope next week is more productive and I my voice returns to normal.
6 comments:
the cupcakes look amazing and sound scrumptious. I'm checking your other blog for the recipe. I hope it's on there.
ok, recipe is not on there. When you put it up, would you tell me how you do the fancy frosting. What kind of tip do you use?
Afton, I used a good old Ziplock bag with the the tip cut off. A round tip would work just as well. I used the America's Test Kitchen Buttercream Frosting recipe but added about a cup of fresh strawberry puree and about 1/2 tsp of salt and 2 more cups of powdered sugar...I just played with it. The blueberry filling was 2 cups berries and 2 cups sugar boiled down a bit until it was jelly like. And the cupcakes, well I just used a white cake mix... I was rushed...good luck.
How can a friend arrange to "talk" to you on that front porch if YOU don't pick up one of your phones when someone calls and calls and calls? What up?
Call my land line...503/628-6030...I called you several times and left messages. I'm here....I rarely get my cell phone at home. No coverage here at all lady! But whenever you want to get together, I'm free.
Beautiful cupcakes! I copied you and made the blueberry ones last Sunday for a family gathering and they were a total hit! Everyone thought they looked so pretty. Thanks for great ideas and pretty pictures. Fun to hear what you've been up to. Get better soon! You're not supposed to get sick in the summertime!
Post a Comment