Wednesday, July 1, 2009

Summer Dreams



In my dreams, my summer would be a well structured day with daily chores, outings, meals planned, house cleaned, and school subjects studied in a creatively deceptive way. We all would dress in calico sundresses and seersucker shorts and sip lemonade under the apple trees on our lunch picnic.

The children would frolick around and laugh, have imaginative play for hours on end, and keep their rooms spotless.

They would read the scriptures on their own and brush their teeth without me having to remind them. I would get sweet notes and drawings left on my pillow at night. I'd wear cute aprons and spend hours in the kitchen making great food
and the children would happily offer to do the dishes. The house would smell like blueberries and lavender. The sheets would hang out on the clothesline and I would read a new book every week...don't you love my lala land????

Reality is sooo much different. Having one of those days? Me too.

4 comments:

Nikki Painter said...

I think we share the same dream, well said

Erika said...

Amen! I just love all your pictures. I am so making those cupcakes this weekend-YUM!

Erika said...

Or are those muffins? Oh well. I'm making cupcakes.

Emily said...

They are cupcakes! Yummy...