Being on the brink of Poverty...ok really...it's a minor miracle to pull off a memorable birthday without money. This is when I start to thank my Mother for my creative ability. With all of her crazy mental ways, her genes and example gave me the ability to pull miracles out of garbage. So I really wanted to give Evan something he could use this summer. He needed clothes, so I got some great stuff at Target. I was salivating over the wooden sandbox that was only $84, but knew it wasn't going to happen. Then my brain started working....3 dinosaurs and 3 sand tools later, I hatched the plan.
When the kids got home from school, I had a family meeting. We all needed to work together to make Evan's birthday memorable. While he was down for a nap, the rest of the kids and I went to work in the Garden.
They weeded. They hoed. They tilled. And then it was done. Patrick found some scrap wood and I painted a sign for Evan's own Dirt Digger Paradise. That's right, we gave Evan his own raised bed in the garden to dig in for his birthday. It was free. It was fun. It was just what every 3 year old dreams of. Best of all, when I spend all that time in the garden this summer, Evan and Anderson will have something to keep them occupied for hours. Don't you just love ingenuity?
5 comments:
I LoVe that idea! So creative. I bet that he will spend many hours making yummy mudpies and such.
That is an awesome idea. I love it and I am sure he will spent so much time working in his "garden" and you work in yours.
I love this. Thanks for being a inspiration to others!
You are so creative! I know that's all my 6 year old likes to do is go out by the garden and DIG! What an excellent idea. That picture makes me smile--what a cutie.
Way to go on the clothesline. I love what you said about the prairie skirt...I've been tempted to braid my hair and find some kind of apron or pouch I could hang from my neck to hold the clothespins. Maybe I should stop shaving my legs too........NOT!
You are so amazing! Wish I was more like you! And I can't believe he is 3! What the heck??? They grow up too fast!
Post a Comment