Friday, June 12, 2009

The First Unofficial Day of Summer

>

It's the last day of school for these kids until Sept 8th. Brighten has the dreaded puffy eyes from allergies.

Madeline's last day of Elementary School. She coordinated outfits with her friend while she was "chatting" with her online last night. When did she grow up? Next year, I'm teaching her how to curl her own hair. (She is starting to proofread my posts, the little stinker!)

These Foxgloves are like a weed in my yard. They are gorgeous. If you've ever driven up to Mt. Hood in the Summer, you'll see these along the road.

My Peonies in full bloom. They have to be one of my very favorite flowers. I really love their fullness. They remind me of what roses used to look like before they hybridized them all. I love roses, but only heirloom ones. They bloom full and thick and you just don't get that in hybrids.


I have 2 clematis vines growing in the front...they are so fickle. If you can grow one then count yourself as a good gardener. Keep the base cool and shaded and you'll get these gorgeous, huge flowers.


I made my kids empty out the RV after school. I plan on putting them to work on a project everyday just so they will look forward to school and give me a break from listening to the WII. The California Lilac in the middle is covered by bees everyday right now. It's so cool to see them at "work" and yes, we have a red barn. We are getting rid of the RV this month so our yard wont look so white trash anymore...


Look what I found today! Underneath dirt and bushes, I found these stairs leading up to the road. Yes, even in the country, you should have some steps from the road. It's got to be bad Feung Shui or Karma or something that you let your stairs get covered. I unearthed them for a few hours this afternoon. Made me feel good to accomplish something today...just look at that pile of branches and bushes I pulled out!

4 comments:

Janessa Couch said...

Your place looks absolutely gorgeous. I love the flowers.

Erika said...

Yes, those peonies are so beautiful! Looks like you found a beautiful new place to live.

Afton said...

Beautiful...isn't this the best time to live in Oregon. So much potential, so much beauty, so much goodness.

RootsAndWingsCo said...

Your "find" reminds me of the secret garden! I can't imagine....so beautiful!

Rebecca