
....with a peep peep here and a bark bark there and a spit spit there and a Moooommmy Mooommmy there....what exactly does eieio mean? Now our little family lives in a 3 bedroom farmhouse with a huge barn and 30 acres to explore.
The dogs are loving it and we have had no issues with keeping them on our land. They actually serve a useful purpose now. No Coyote or deer will wander onto our yard in the near future. Our laundry room sink has served as a bath for our youngest three children. Mud and dirt are constant companions of my sweet children. The second bath on the main has been housing our chickens...7 of them. We have had 2 fatalities and two elaborate funerals in the past two weeks. How do I break it to them that the bbq chicken we eat once was a baby chick too...ahh the circle of life. Well they are now in a lovely makeshift coop in the tool shed with a heat lamp for the next few weeks, then in the next few months, we will have all the omelets we want.
I have performed more sliver removal surgeries this month than in all my motherhood years combined. I have conquered the fear of bugs. I have come to believe that weeds and thorns are really meant to torment man. I know why farmers get up at 5:00 in the morning. I am filthy by noon and....I LOVE EVERY STINKING MINUTE OF IT!!! My garden is in...at least all that could be planted this late in the season. Patrick dug post holes for a deer fence...23 to be exact. The blueberry irrigation is messed up so I have been trying to salvage 25 bushes . I think they will whether the storm but not produce a crop this year. That is all ok because we will have blackberries coming out our ears. With 3 apple trees heavy with fruit, 4 cherry trees and a Bartlett pear, I think we are set for fruit.
Llamas....I have already chased them into the pasture from a escape attempt that resulted in meeting many of my nice neighbors. They tolerate me and spit at Patrick. I have yet to find a use for them and would still prefer a milking cow and some nice beef cattle. As you can see, I am busy. So busy and sweaty and sore that I don't have time to write or do much of anything else. 
But as you can see I am surrounded by beautiful things. And God said, "It is good." And this summer will be a great one. Hope this all finds you happy and healthy and enjoying this wonderful summer.
4 comments:
Um...Wow!
Are you going to have a U-pick farm? Seriously..sign me up.
Not this year....but there is a butt load of overgrown christmas trees if anyone wants one. I have to figure out how to make money on this farm so I can get it into farm deferral instead of forest deferral. I think a CSA would be a great idea....eventually.
It's beautiful! I love it all!!! I'm so glad you posted pics....I've been dying to see your bliss :)
I'm excited for you guys!
It looks so great! We are so happy for you guys!
Post a Comment