Thursday, July 17, 2008

Domestic Goddess



Today I was in rare form. We, meaning me, have been sick all week. There is nothing worse than being sick in the summer. But as the sun and my son woke me from a long slumber, I realized I felt pretty ok. Now there is nothing like a full day in bed to completely disrupt your plans so I had loads to get done today:
1. Launder 7 loads, some with yucky stuff in them
2. Pick up raspberries, buy various canning items, make raspberry jam for the first time ever!
3. Make Lunch and Dinner incorporating leftovers for frugality and creativity
4. Get kids to eat said items and not even know
5. Find more hidden fruit trees on property...another apple, cherry, 2 apricot, 2 peach...sweet!
7. Make yummy monster cookies...
8. Balance checkbook
9. Fold laundry while watching Kitchen Nightmare on FOX.com
10. Take pictures, download them, write post
All this accomplished while loving husband is working late and kids are all at home driving mommy crazy. Don't you love summer?

2 comments:

Très Sucré said...

YUM! You are a domestic goddess. I don't remember the last time we accomplished that much in one day! You go girl!

Aimee Jager said...

Sweetie, if you can get all that done in one day...you're my hero! Will you come be the domestic goddess at my house?