Wednesday, September 15, 2010

The Master (following the theme of Art for September)

Today, I became well acquainted with my room.  Nothing brings you closer together than spending every waking (and non-waking) moment together.  I really have a great appreciation for my bed today.  As I lay moaning in agony, waiting for the next wave of pain to hit, I enjoyed the heavy blankets, the red lamps  
and the fan in the background that knocks out all unwanted noise.  I have to admit, I have a profound love for my bed.  My Temperpedic and I have had a great relationship.  He supports me and I continue to move his heavy butt all around Oregon.  So in tribute to him, here is where I spent most of my time today, pondering cross contamination of gluten foods with non gluten foods.  I'll tell you one thing, if you don't understand what being a Celiac is like, next time I'll invite you to my own private hell when a crumb gets ingested inadvertently. 
(I'm fully aware of the overdone color scheme, but the bathroom has red tile and a red hexagon sink...it works.  Besides, the only thing I had to buy to make it work was the new red lamp shades that make anyone look gorgeous and create quite the mood too.  :)  Oh and my romantic heart just loves the art "The Swing" and "Romeo and Juliet" that go perfectly in a red, white and green room)
(the other side of the room with "Romeo" and some random piece of art I picked up a few years ago...not really done with this side of the room yet, but it's functional.)

1 comment:

Erika said...

What a BEAUTIFUL bedroom! I wish mine looked as peaceful as yours. Still have a couple boxes lingering. I am in love with your headboard and I love the romantic feel you have created. Wanna come help me with mine? Ü