Sunday, June 6, 2010

To The Idiot...


I went out on a limb and discussed a very important topic for my mid-term in Public Speaking. My audience was my fellow classmates at BYU-Idaho. I thought, I'd do something a little more "churchy" because I knew a lot about my subject matter. My speech was supposed to be informative or in other words, to show how to do something. For this reason I chose to speak on mourning with those who mourn. 99% of my classmates loved it and felt like I had given them some real valuable tools to meet the physical, social, and emotional needs of people going through the grieving process. I made sure to give plenty of examples outside of my own experience and received 100% on my midterm. Except this one cranky butt man who just didn't get it. He had the gall to say that the speech just didn't apply to him!!!! So evidently the covenant you took at baptism to mourn with those who mourn doesn't apply to you? Ok, well just feel free to walk on your merry way through life and watch out for the lightning bolt. Also idiot, go read Job 24. There. Now I feel better.

1 comment:

Jadie said...

I pity the foo who messes with you, Em! (May I never be that foo!!)