Thursday, June 17, 2010

Honoring Patrick


I love my husband. He is not perfect. He works too much. He’s got a short temper. We are both very different people. But who would I be without all his little quirks?
I’ve learned so much being married to this man. He’s driven and engaging. He has no fear to speak his mind and stands up fearlessly for the little guy. He has an amazing power to motivate. He can convince people to move mountains. He’s a great missionary and holds his religion sacred. He will give you the shirt off his back. He delights in spending money on his family. He sees the positive even in a fiery furnace. He’s a powerhouse. He constantly tries to perfect himself. He will give me anything I want. He survives on very little sleep. His pride is his family. He loves to give the kids experiences. He supports me in all that I want to accomplish. He gets out of my way because you all know, nothing can stop this woman. He is learning to listen to me. He respects my unique gifts and doesn’t shrug them off. He carries me when I’m not strong enough to carry on alone. He’s a father to all his children, not just the biological ones. He is fiercely protective of me. He honors his priesthood. He’s really good at making me feel beautiful. He’s not inhibited at all. He helps me let loose and not follow all the rules. He excels at his job not just for himself, but for me. I know he’d rather be self employed but is sacrificing his dreams for his children and his wife. He does the dishes. He folds his own laundry. He works alongside his kids and tries his hardest to solve problems even if he has no clue how. (I mean its kinda cute that he tried to drain the pool with a sawsall...) He’s ok with my independent nature. He wont quit. He never gives up. He cries at movies. He has a sophisticated palate.

He does this all and does not have the firm assurance that I will be his for all of eternity, and yet still he gives his all. What more could a woman ask for?

Happy fathers day Patrick!
Love you...

3 comments:

Nikki said...

simply beautiful...sounds like you chose well...

Jadie said...

Awww! Lovely post--the four of us need to get together soon! (And we're still good for day trips to Portland, no? I'll be on the look out for fun events!)

Rachel said...

That was beautiful.