Tuesday, February 10, 2009
Faking Spring Cleaning
There is SNOW on the ground outside my door. I am not a happy camper. Portland gets snow once a year for one day and that is it! Did I wake up in Portland Maine in December and this is all just a bad dream? The ice and frigid temperatures are starting to where me thin. Can you tell? Really, I am in a good mood, or have been until the snow. So yesterday, I was trying to motivate myself into doing some organization. I really am good at it although I don't let on. I can develop and implement amazing systems. They rock, but my follow through is lousy. There has to be some kind of incentive. So in my quest of an incentive, I decided to tackle the Laundry Room. You couldn't see the counter. It was filled with clothes that were too small or tools or old papers from school. The pile raneth over....but what is a girl to do? Who likes the laundry room? Not me. Well I decided that a little glue and paper might just inspire me to get a move on and sure enough...it did! I am a Martha Stewart wanna be am I not? Well to make a long story short, every cupboard was gone through, counter cleaned, baby in sink playing with water most of the time, brooms and mops hung up on walls, decor made for free, laundry washed and dried, curtains hand dyed from stained vintage runner from Grandma Laing, made a cleaning basket, and a soap bucket decoupaged. What I wont do for a craft project!
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
1 comment:
Very impressive. I too hate my laundry room. I love that you put your son in the sink to play in while you were cleaning. Very creative.
Post a Comment