Tuesday, April 8, 2008

Book reviews...husband still gone....

Did I call it, or what! Still in Italy with still, no end in site. On a brighter note, I have been honing my homesteading skills. It is very comical that all things for survival, from building a cabin to cleaning horse hooves, can be found in one volume. Barnes and Noble is my friend. The book is titled Back to Basics and is filled with cool stuff.
After finishing Eat, Pray and Love by Gilbert, I was looking for something a little more practical. Although this book had some very noteworthy passages, the ending didn't hold me like I wanted it too. I felt cheated by the fact that in the end, it was all about getting laid! I seriously don't recommend it. If you do want to read it...just read Italy and India. She makes amazing discoveries about herself that can apply to everyone. Bali....skip it. It's not even sexy.

No comments: