Friday, February 29, 2008

Waterfalls are a staple of the Laing household. Everytime we pass Multnomah Falls...Patrick has some excuse to stop and take a look. Now that we actually live here, we have to experience the fruits of this obession as often as weather permits. In October, we hiked Silver Creek Falls, the south one, and had a grand ol time. This was during the "hotel" stay so anything that took us away from the ROOM was fabulous! Just last week, the sun was shining bright and it was 60 degrees so we got out the WATERFALL BOOK, and yes there is such a thing. Well to make a long story short we found the "falls" (which were really more like large rapids) after asking for directions from this nice lady from the Feed Store in Eagle Creek.
The kids and I learned so much about the guard dog abilities of a very loud donkey and the habits of chickens and even the funny little pigeon, who they had sold twice, but had flown back to the Feed Store both times within days. They can't sell her anymore...so she hangs out with the fattest chicken I have ever seen and a old rooster with a broken foot. Baby chicks were cute, but the don't start laying eggs until 17 weeks, so I think that I will start with an older set of hens first, and then work my way up to the babies. But that is a story for a different day. ( I wil be a farm girl if even if I have to do it on rented land, dang it! I already got my pea seeds today and made a place in the garden for them!)

1 comment:

http://elderwolfedr.blogspot.com said...

You'll have to hike to the Eagle Creek falls someday. They are beautiful! You can camp at the trail head and hike in during your stay. You'll notice it in the temple next time too.