Monday, August 2, 2010

Keeping it in Perspective


It's all about perspective, is it not?

Today, I'm unpacking my office.  Yes, for the first time in a few years and several moves, I have an office.  Somewhere to really hang my hat in.  Room for all my books, graph paper, tear sheets (design lingo for magazine pages you love) colored pencils and two desks.  I unpacked the scrapbook paper and brads.  Have way too much artwork to hang, but I will edit as best as I can.

It's amazing what a little perspective can accomplish.  It would have taken me weeks to get done what I have done in days, but since going to school, I feel like I can cram so much more into my day.  I didn't get perfect grades, but 3 A's and a B is fine for this mom of 5 who actually has a life and has to cook every meal.  

It boggles my mind that I couldn't get straight A's in college when it was just little old me.  I mean really?  I think I just do better with no time on my hands than too much.  

And as a last thought, I want to share this talk....this man moves me on a regular basis.  He speaks volumes to me and I can always read between his lines.  A remarkable mind and a spiritual giant...

"Such longing for a heavenly home is real, especially in view of how this life is designed. After all, brothers and sisters, when we rejoice in beautiful scenery, great art, and great music, it is but the flexing of instincts acquired in another place and another time."


2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Thanks for the link to such a great talk!

Erika said...

That quote gave me goosebumps. Can't wait to read the talk!