Thursday, May 20, 2010

I Have Not Died


On average, I have 33 assignments a week. Yes, you read that right. So needless to say I am one busy lady! My blog is completely neglected. My house on the other hand is running swimmingly. You may ask, how the heck is that possible? Well I happen to be taking an organizational communications class and I am implementing everything I learn to my household. If ever you wanted a class on how to be a homemaker, just take this class. We have discussed everything from motivational theories to systems metaphors (the latter is more like math and makes my brain hurt but it really works). So my home is staying clean. I am no longer bombarded by stray dishes, errant shoes, toys on the stairs, and a filthy kitchen. The kids do it. They police themselves and I wont go into details until I know for sure it's sticking but basically, my job is to cook dinner everynight, do the grocery shopping, do the laundry on Thursday and vacuum. Pretty sweet deal for everyone. (Yes, I have someone come in and clean my bathrooms and kitchen 2 times a month because I really need them CLEAN) I'm still the mommy in addition to my household chores, but I don't do dishes, clean up after anyone and the house is running like a well oiled machine. Whatever grade I get in my class pales in comparison to the fringe benefits of a household running at an efficient level. Now about that abnormal psych class....Hah!

No comments: