
Picture me with a laundry basket full of projects and one heavy sewing machine. Of course I did have a bag of goodies, complete with hummus, veggies, baguette, Hansens Cane Sugar Rootbeer, and some Girl Scout Cookies. Sounds like a complete dinner, does it not? Upon arrival, I was greeted by friends I hadn't seen in a while. Hi friends! We laughed. We talked about funerals? I've decided, we all know too much about them. And yes, a snort even escaped from yours truely! I can't even remember what was so funny now. The amazing thing was that we all got something accomplished: Stacey, that 2010 calendar only 2 1/2 months late (don't worry, I have 2 from 2008 that I haven't finished), Tami, a fabulous spring wreath with a few egg friends to boot, Jenni, a spring sign and a gorgeous flowerpot, Paisley, the folding of the socks :), Melissa, a blog post!, Becky, some more pages in her recipe scrapbook and got schooled on all things food related, did I forget anyone? Oh yeah...me. I finally made a little cushion for a rocker on my front porch. After I kicked the cats outside for good, they needed a place to cozy up for the night. So amidst the laughter and discussion, I actually got something Done...that elusive word...Done. Man I like the sound of that. I made some placemats too, but didn't get all of them done, so I don't get to brag about them yet. (sorry the photo is taken at night, so not a great shot, but don't they look cute all snuggled up together?)
Now that I mention the word Done...did I tell you that Evan is fully potty trained? Let the angelic chorus ring out with joy! He even stays dry at night. It only took about 300 pieces of candy, 4 dragons, 20 matchbox cars, a few other dollar store finds, and now we have no use for the pull ups crammed into his drawer. Did I also mention that my soon to be 9 year old, who still wears a pull-up to bed, is also staying dry at night too? Yes, I have been blessed. I figured, if I kicked the cats out for peeing on my carpet, it was time to get my own kids potty trained....cuz I can't kick them out! LOL! How did I do it? Well, her's wasn't really physical, so I wasn't worried about damaging her fragile psyche. Lazy plain and simple, was the cause of the peeing. We caught her more than once with a full "diaper" before she was even asleep. So I bribed her. I gave her polly pockets, little fuzzy puppy figurines, jewelry making kits, anything to put her mind on getting that toy rather than sittin in pee all night long. I was fed up. Her room was starting to stink...and I'd had enough. So now, no one pees in my house unless it is in the toilet. We are really DONE with diapers! It's been 12 years, 3 months, and 1 day since I have had to dispose of a diaper, let alone change one! See I told you...angels singing...can you hear it?!
2 comments:
Oh I am so jealous that I can't add the word "done" to any of my projects lately. I really needed to join you that night and get some work done and get some creative time..I am needing that! Congrats on the potty training! I still have one to go...uggggg!!!
Cute rocker! I also like your tub with the helmets (at least I think they're helmets!) in it. I need something like that for our helmets. I think I need to copy Ü.
Post a Comment